Tuesday, April 7, 2009

American Idol I

A little competition in the office.

There are a few of us in the office that pay pretty close attention to American Idol. Last year, my roommate (Robin) and I were huge David Cook fans. We really contemplated making I love David Cook tees. She even went and watched a Royals game, just because David Cook was going to sing the national anthem and “Take Me Out to the Ball Game."

This year we decided to have American Idol league in the office. We all had to pick six players originally. Each week you get deductions if your players are in the bottom three or get kicked off, and get points for them staying. The twist is, you have to bench one of your players each week, thus giving the game some strategy. So far I would say I am doing pretty good – because I am winning! Although, I love Danny Gokey, everyone picked him, thus not an opportunity to gain a lot of points. It is Adam Labert that is my secret weapon. Only me and one other person have him picked. I think he'll go to the top three at least.

This week, I struggled between benching Allyson and Scott. I haven’t been real impressed with either one lately. I just don’t think a blind guy, with really bad hair playing the piano every week is going to take him to the top. However, I decided to bench Allyson this week. Scott gets the sympathy vote, and she just dresses odd. Who are you pulling for?


Looks like benching Allyson was the wrong decision. I am still in the lead, but people are starting to close in! I still have Adam though and his standing ovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...