Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where to begin...

Ups and downs...

On Friday I attended my third of nine weddings this summer. It was a picture perfect magazine wedding. The bride was gorgeous. She had this veil that had lace around the edges, I don't think I would have ever taken it off. My best friend Emilie was the Maid of Honor so it was great to see her and her fiancee as well (or the term she likes to use fiancer!) It is so exciting to think that Emilie will be tying the know in 375 days! We definitely had an amazing time - I even had pictures to show you until... dun dun dun...

We were on our way home and I realized that I didn't have my phone. So we went back to the reception to search. Everyone had pretty much gone home and I figured someone probably picked it up and would give me a call in the morning. Morning comes. No phone, actually and no camera either, both were missing out of my purse. I had the camera for a full three days. I was sick to my stomach. Now I do realize that I left my purse unattended on our table for awhile, but come on its a wedding, things like this aren't supposed to happen. Thank goodness I didn't have my billfold in there. I am certainly paying the price now, and someone has some new electronics! My roommate and I even sent nasty text messages to my phone in hopes that the new owner would realize God is watching him/her. It hasn't worked yet!

In happier news... I have a new title to add to my resume. I have now won a dance contest at Howl at the Moon. For those that are not familiar with Howl at the Moon it is a dueling piano bar. Last night Robin put an offer in on a new house, so her dad took her and I out for a little fun. Howl at the Moon is one of my favorite places. Its like a big karaoke bar, but everyone gets to sing. Half way through the night they handed out tickets to win a Bucket of Fun (pretty much a big bucket of alcohol with lots of straws). We pooled our tickets together with the table beside us and one of our tickets were drawn. I was nominated as chief dancer. The first round there was eight of us girls on stage all wearing Village people hats. I got the foam cowboy hat - how appropriate. I knew if I could just get through the first round I would be able to bring the house down. My signature dance move came out (those that are close to me will know it) and sure enough I made it through. After two more rounds I was declared the champion. Robin has a video for those interested. Hopefully, we can keep it off YouTube! Good times, good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...