- Raising cattle serves a valuable role in the ecosystem by converting the forages humans cannot consume into a nutrient-dense food. Just one 3-ounce serving of beef supplies 10 essential nutrients to your diet. Beef is nature’s best-tasting multivitamin!
- U.S. beef farmers and ranchers provide 25 percent of the world’s beef supply with 10 percent of the world’s cattle.
- 85 percent of farmers and ranchers say environmental conservation is important to their success, and on average, each beef producer has 13 different practices in place to accomplish environment goals such as nurturing wildlife, preventing erosion or conserving and protecting water.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
First off I am sorry to my dad and any other male readers out there, I know my posts have been a little girly lately. Just remember girls find this stuff really interesting. I promise to write about something not so "fluffy" soon!
So here is a little fact about me - I love make-up! I don't wear tons or anything like that, I just love buying it and having lots of choices. In high school I got hooked on MAC. I think my mom said that I could get some as part of my back to school wardrobe instead of more clothes, or maybe it was a treat for my birthday. I just love going into MAC stores, I love the bright colors and the girls always look so put together. I think MAC stores scares some people because the sales girls do have some pretty bright and bold looks, but trust me they will make you look like a rockstar! It has now become my goal to convert my friends to my MAC ways. Christie has always had a lot of MAC in her make-up kit, then it was my sister, then Robin, then CGood, and then Tawyna on our girls weekend had a little MAC make-over. (The picture is from our second annual KC girls weekend)
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I had difficulties with the fun/going out dress part, and I just couldn't find shoes that would go with the dress. I did find a pair of sandals (pictured below) that I really like, but couldn't justify spending the $70. I'll have to wait until they go on sale. That's how I got the gold pair - I spotted them about this time last year priced around $60, and then bought them in August for $18! I bought a black pair to and now its like having brand new sandals. I also found this pair of black patent leather shoes on sale. I haven't been big on patent leather, but this pair caught my eye. I looked and looked at them but decided it just wasn't worth it. Well, I thought about those shoes all day, and was still thinking about them this morning! So after church I made the drive back to KC. I figured if I got there, and they were still there it was meant to be. I am now a proud owner of another pair of Gianni Bini shoes. I love this brand, and have many pairs! I am even thinking about switching my outfit to something black so I can wear the shoes at Meredith's wedding!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
(Warning this may not interest my male readers! Its a little girlie.)
So there is this dollar theatre in town, and usually my roommate and I are so busy when the popular movies come out that we just wait until they are in the dollar theatre - plus who can beat a two dollar movie. However, Robin and I have been patiently waiting for He's Just Not That Into You. My friends have mostly total me how awesome of a movie it is, and what a life changing experience it it.
Drum roll... I thought this movie was dumb. I mean I think I am following the rules, I don't freak out and check my phone a million times, I don't blame myself for situations that I did not cause, etc. I have fun with guys, and if it doesn't work out I move on. I feel like this movie was just another Hollywood movie, trying to educate us on how we should behavior in relationships, and yet in the end everything for everyone in the movie works out perfectly. I do not need a boy. When the right one comes I'll figure it out. So I hope all of you have a wonderful night, and are enjoying the relationship you are in or enjoying the search for the next one!
We raise our cattle on millions of acres of U.S. land that are not suitable for growing crops. This more than doubles that land that can be used to produce food, all while helping prevent erosion and preserving wildlife habitat.
Today’s modern cattle feeding practices has allowed us to produce more pounds of beef with less resources. 1950s production practices would require an additional 165 million acres to raise beef.
My family and I are responsible stewards of the land and I am helping produce a nutrient-dense, wholesome product with your and my families in mind.
Celebrate Earth Day with a steak dinner and support America’s agriculture industry, everyday environmentalists who get up each morning to take care of the land and produce the food we so often take for granted.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
- Contains 51% of your daily protein requirement. Protein plays an important role in weight management, as proteins are more satisfying than carbohydrates, thus giving you more of a full feeling. Also, do to its muscle building capabilities it can help regulate and increase metabolism and enhances the effects of exercise - and who wouldn't mind that!
- Provides 38% of your daily Zinc needs. Zinc is needed for carrying oxygen to your heart and lunges and also plays a role in your metabolism. A 3oz. portion of beef contains six times more zinc than a skinless chicken breast.
- Gives you 37% of your daily iron. Iron is especially important to women, as 1 in 5 do not receive enough iron. Also, there are 4 million children in the U.S. that are iron deficient. Iron deficiency is associated with behavioral and cognitive delays. You would have to eat 3 cups of uncooked spinach to get the same amount of iron as found in a 3oz. portion of beef. Salad or steak - hmm.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
There are a few of us in the office that pay pretty close attention to American Idol. Last year, my roommate (Robin) and I were huge David Cook fans. We really contemplated making I love David Cook tees. She even went and watched a Royals game, just because David Cook was going to sing the national anthem and “Take Me Out to the Ball Game."
This year we decided to have American Idol league in the office. We all had to pick six players originally. Each week you get deductions if your players are in the bottom three or get kicked off, and get points for them staying. The twist is, you have to bench one of your players each week, thus giving the game some strategy. So far I would say I am doing pretty good – because I am winning! Although, I love Danny Gokey, everyone picked him, thus not an opportunity to gain a lot of points. It is Adam Labert that is my secret weapon. Only me and one other person have him picked. I think he'll go to the top three at least.
This week, I struggled between benching Allyson and Scott. I haven’t been real impressed with either one lately. I just don’t think a blind guy, with really bad hair playing the piano every week is going to take him to the top. However, I decided to bench Allyson this week. Scott gets the sympathy vote, and she just dresses odd. Who are you pulling for?
Looks like benching Allyson was the wrong decision. I am still in the lead, but people are starting to close in! I still have Adam though and his standing ovation!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
We sent cgood to the change room, started grabbing dresses and hopped for the best. For $38 she bought the black/red/white dress seen in the picture and we were off.