Monday, January 18, 2010

I am Proud of You

What you say has an impact.

Our parents uttered these words quite often. Or at least mine did. I know they are proud of my accomplishments, the person I am and growing towards being, and for turning out to be a pretty OK daughter. But, that is what parents are supposed to do - support their children, give them unconditional love, all that good stuff.

When your peers or colleagues say "I am proud of you" that is something totally different. During Stock Show I had two of these moments.

1. I admire Rachel Williams a lot. Although, Rachel and I have ran in the same circles we haven't had the chance to get to know each other personally. From the outside though, I can tell that she is pretty much awesome. She is a young, brilliant gal, that has an awesome business and really has the gained the respect of the livestock industry. Rachel and I have been exchanging comments on each others blogs and facebook accounts, and she made a point to stop by and say hello during the Angus show. She asked me about the video work I do, both for shows and farms. And then she said, "Well, you do great work, I am proud of you." Hopefully, my deer in the headlights look wasn't too noticeable. I think I stammered "a thank-you", and a "hope to see you soon" and then we each went our separate ways. It meant a lot for me to hear these five words from someone I admire so much. We are both young girls, just trying to make a go at it, so every little bit of encouragement helps.

2. My other moment came from my boss. I think by know most people know that I love my job. A big part of that is because of the people I work with. It has really been one of my boss's priorities to teach me as much as possible about communication, industry and life in general. January was a really good month for us. Not only did 49,000 people watch I am Angus - we were told if we got 25,000 that would be great, but our Denver videos have been a huge success. Bringing our YouTube channeclose to 120,000 views. He told me at the show how proud he was of me. It proves little dedication can go a really a long way.

So it boils down to this. Make sure you tell people how you feel. No matter how small of a gesture or simple of a phrase it can have a huge impact.

4 comments:

  1. I know you think that I'm suppose to say this, but I am going to do it anyways. "I'm very proud of you." Hope your having a fantastic day.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Crystal! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Crystal! You're a huge inspiration to me and I'm proud to call you a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Means a lot to have such talented people as friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...