Friday, July 23, 2010

Ups and downs

It's been a long couple of weeks.

Well the weekend is finally here. Pretty soon I am going to be headed NE to the great land of corn, and my Oklahoma passenger and I will be belting out Tiffany's I Think We Are Alone Now. Pure Bliss. (Watch for an upcoming post on this song).

There is a lot of stress in my life. Sometimes I create it for myself, other times things are just out of my control and go wrong. I push myself, I like things done a certain way, I don't mind if people make errors, but I hate when there isn't teamwork. I love my job because I have a boss that gives me opportunities, and I take advantage of each that come my way, but that usually also means adding more to my plate. I love my blog and being an advocate for agriculture and wish I could spent more time doing that. I think that is going to be my ultimate goal. Sometimes things get in the way and just slow the plans down.

I have been way out of touch with all my friends and family the past two weeks and am slowing starting to scratch the people I need to call off my list. However, yesterday, I realized that sometimes it's the people that I don't have interaction with all the time that make the biggest impact on me and reducing that stress level.

Yesterday, there was this awesome note in my facebook mailbox. This person commended me on the job I do on my blog, telling agriculture's story and videos that I put together. He appreciate the things I do for the industry. (Big smile).

After reading through the note all the stress disappeared. And it made me realize we can choose to add stress to people's lives or relieve it very easily.

So this is my 101 in 1001 "gratitude" post. Thanks to all of you for the kind words you send, the time you spend listening to me vent, and for making me laugh.


This is one of my favorite photos that I took at the National Junior Angus Show. 

3 comments:

  1. Even though lately I've been more of a "reader" than a "commenter" I always enjoy coming over to your blog. Good post. DON'T STRESS! I certainly appreciate all your efforts promoting the agriculture way as a Beef Industry Family!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO a great job on your blog and giving agriculture a face...your photos. I love stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your compliments ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...