Monday, August 23, 2010

Picking Peaches - 101 in 1001

Updating you.

Time for an update on my 101 in 1001 list. And things have not been going too bad.

First, this weekend I headed to our towns local orchard to pick apples, peaches and blackberries. I couldn't believe how much fruit was on the trees, and it took no time for me to fill up my basket. Plus, it wasn't a bad way to work on the crazy tan line that followed me home from the Iowa State Fair.


More thank-you letter sent out. I was a little delayed in getting a few off, but I figure better late than never. What really lit the fire under me was the a sweet thank-you card that I got from one fo the junior members that attended LEAD. It made my day, and I knew by finally getting those cards wrote I could be making someone elses.

I got really close on the going to church 11 times in 12 months, but it has got to be 12 in 12. I have been sitting by these three older ladies that think my involvement in agriculture is really interesting. We had a great talk about the salmonella outbreak in eggs. I always love the opportunity for agvoacy.

I am also reading my third book, and no not my third book ever, but number three out of three on my list. It's called Leadership in Gear and there will definitely be a post on it when I am complete.

2 comments:

  1. You really should have just came to my house to pick peaches! I'm sure my dad would have loved you for it. I told him 6 trees is just too many for the three of us! Nifty post and awesome that you are educating the ladies at church! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves anything peach, but I am the only person I know who does not love them (even in ice cream)...
    Hope you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...