Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dan Dagget, Author and Environmentalist, has something to say about agriculture

A former member of the Sierra Club

What happens when cows graze the land? Do they do more harm than good? Would the land be better without them or human intervention? As a farmer and care taker of the land I don't think so, but let's hear was Dan Dagget (a former self-proclaimed "eco-radical" and member of the Sierra Club) has to say.



Livestock are amazing animals, and are important part of the environment. Most of the land that you will find cattle on isn't suitable for growing crops. And I would sure like to look a pasture full of cattle rather than another city spreading its fingers into rural areas.



I love Dan's line in the video about how the environmentalist have to be as accountable as the ranchers and farmers. Environmentalists and ranchers need to work together to create an environment that we can all continue to enjoy.

To view more I am Angus videos click here.

2 comments:

  1. Ok. So I just made mine, but how do I put it on my blog? Is there a code that I can't seem to find on the website? Did you use Day Zero?

    -Heather
    http://buckupbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I think you are referring to my 101 in 1001 list. I sent you an email, but it is a text gadget that you can add through Blogger. Can't wait to see your list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...