What is Poshmark?
It is an app that you download to your iPhone or iPad, and it allows you to sell or buy clothing. Think Goodwill, but brand names and stuff that you will actually wear. Poshmark allows you to shop the closets of your friends and other women with great style from across the country. I already saw a part of Corral Boots on there for $100, but they weren't my size.
How do you get started?
1. You have to have an iPhone or iPad
2. It is only for people in the USA
3. Start pulling all the stuff out of your closet that is too big, too small or that you just don't wear anymore. It can be clothing, shoes or accessories.
4. Use the Poshmark App to take a picture and type in the details.
5. Set your price.
6. When you sell an item Poshmark gets 20% and you get 80% of the selling price. They will email you a prepaid label, and you pop your item in the mail. Once they seller received the items you are paid by Poshmark. You can either withdraw your funds or use them to make purchases from other sellers.
These are just a few of the items from my "closet." This weekend I already sold two dresses that I really like but I haven't worn in forever.
A couple of other tips. You will want to RSVP/join Parties. When the party starts click on an item in your closet and click on the share button. This allows you to share your items with hundreds of people who aren't even following you. I am also learning this is a great way to build followers.
If you are in buyer mode don't be afraid to ask for a better price. There seems to be a lot of that going on and it looks like it works a good chunk of the time.
If you decide to sign up for Poshmark enter the code HEEJM and we will both get a $5 credit. A bunch of friends of mine signed up this weekend so I can't wait to see the items they start to upload. Check out the people I follow to track them down.