I love making treats for Valentine's Day and this year I whipped up a new recipe.
Valentine's Lucky Charms Chex Mix
5 cups Lucky Charms cereal (with marshmallows removed)
5 cups Chex Mix
2 bags of melting white chocolate
Valentine's themed sprinkles (one bottle will be more than enough)
1 1/2 cups of Lucky Charms marshmallows (pretty much all the marshmallows in the box.
1. Begin by combining Lucky Charms and Chex Mix in a bowl and then spread onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or parchment paper
2. Melt you chocolate. The easiest way I find to melt chocolate is to pour it into a large Ziploc bag. Then microwave in 30 second intervals in the microwave, massaging the chocolate in-between cycles.
3. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture. Ensure all the cereal is coated.
4. Cover cereal chocolate mixture with sprinkles. I like to use the tiny little balls because the sink down beyond the top layer. Let this mixture set until hardened. You can speed up the process by putting it in the fridge.
5. Break up mixture in bowl and add Lucky Charm marshmallows.
6. Quickly give away to all your family and friends before you consume it all yourself!
I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!